The loss of biodiversity and the transformation of the biosphere in the wake of global changes caused by humans are among the greatest challenges of the future, in Bavaria and worldwide. Natural history collections of national importance make a decisive contribution to finding answers to the associated questions.
Discovering Planet Earth and its Biodiversity
The Bavarian Natural History Collections (SNSB) commit themselves in their reseach acivities to:
- past and present bio- and geodiversity and the evolution of animals and plants
- sustainable use of its collections as a research infrastructure
- development of integrative and interdisciplinary research approaches within the framework of the collections expansion
- reinforcement of innovative approaches and development of supporting methods in the field of bio- and geodiversity research
- Main focus on the two research areas: alpine systems and change of biosphere